Sunday, October 2, 2011

I need to hit the refresh button on my living room

I've been planning on buying a new sofa for a long time...I keep finding things that give me reason to put it off....so I keep dreaming
but the time is coming closer and I'm starting to seriously evaluate our needs and future needs in terms of living room seating.
The more time I spend around furniture, the more confused I get ;) I thought I had my plan figured out, but now I have so many options floating in my head.

First, I thought I wanted a sectional. I mean it's the hot thing now isn't it? I want plenty of seating and plenty of room for lounging. A sectional seemed to make sense because it combines those options into one piece. There are so many different combinations of sectionals though! Some with a chaise, some L-shaped, C-shaped,some like an L-shape that ran out of gas...
So then I started thinking, what if I bought seperate pieces that I could change up so I could have all the options.....anytime....that led me back to more traditional seating. Maybe a sofa, maybe a loveseat, maybe a chair and a half...maybe an ottoman to make a "chaise" so now....I'm confused : /
Sectionals are very tempting, but not too flexible. What do you think? What are some characteristics I could use to help narrow my search?

No comments: